Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Skye Frontier

Birthdays are a time for reflection, as well as getting cool presents. Most years, I'm kind of sheepish about announcing and celebrating. Strange as it may seem to the readers of these pages, I feel a bit uncomfortable with that kind of spotlight on me.

Not this year. Perhaps it is because India 2007 has been a crowning achievement for me, and has boosted my self confidence immeasurably, as it was meant to. All of this has been an incubation period, to be ready for the next stage in life. So this year, in Kovalam, Skye Frontier is letting MANAM
go the whole nine yards.

As for recapping, which I have done at various junctures, I look back again at the last seven months (!!) and see Bombay for loss of passports and a new start
, and to be a minor Bollywood dancing star.

Then there was unwinding and finding the first real peace in a long time in the Andaman Islands
.

Bangalore gave me a taste of hi-tech consulting
. Pondicherry bored me to tears.

Rishikesh
ended solitary travel with the coming together of the Schedule Sisters, who continued with me to Bhag Aviv.

Then it was Thailand with Francois, at which point, my journey really started; the Vipassana meditation course brought about a seismic shift in my thinking, and in Bangkok I acquired the Hi-Tech Knapsack
.

Where most people try to escape Delhi as quickly as they can, I spent three wonderful weeks in Delicious Delhi
having the love affair of the decade.

Next came Pushkar
, the Enigma Café, being stoned for four weeks, and meeting Mikael in the fifth, and celebrating the Jewish High Holidays at Beit Chabad along the way.

Back to Bombay
for two weeks, the second of which was spent with Mikael.

And on to Cochin to meet Nina
, reconnect again with Mikael after a week's break, and inaugurate the official formation of MANAM.

Finally we reach Black Sand Kovalam
, where Skye Frontier turns 37, on the same day that my great hero Shah Rukh Khan turns 42.

Incidentally, the President of India, that stupid Gujarati woman
, has also come to celebrate, basically turning Trivandrum and Kovalam into Yom Kippur. But it was great for getting around by scooter - no traffic!

And it ain't over yet. We have the Kerala Backwaters, Madurai, Cochin yet again to look forward to with MANAM. And then, it's Singapore, Indonesia and in the New Year, on to the coronation of the Sultan of San Francisco. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Naj said...

Happy birthday!

I like to invite you to Stop the Second Holocaust Campaign hosted by Neo-resistance.

Best
Naj

Skye Frontier said...

Thanks, Naj.

I'll look into this.

But blaming Jews is old hat. It smacks of anti-Semitism. And the shrill left in the US and Europe only defends Iran, not because it thinks Ahmedinejad is a swell guy. It's only because he has the audacity to say about Jews what they can only think.

I remind you that the stated policy of the Islamic Republic is to "wipe Israel off the map".

More detailed comments are on your blog.