Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Johnny Gaddaar – The Movie

Well, it’s out. And I saw it. And guess what – it’s a hit! Admittedly an off-the-shelf thriller, with some great acting, and brilliant technical execution, I was pleasantly surprised by Johnny Gaddaar.

One of the aspects that stood out for me was the copious quantities of (apparently authentic) banknotes they used for the film. Seeing all those stacks and piles of money made my Jew-heart leap.


Wouldn’t you know it, as in every movie and commercial I’ve been in, I didn’t make the final cut. I guess it’s in my karma. But that doesn’t subtract from the experience, and certainly not from the film.

It’s an apt metaphor, as well. Having fun making the movie of your life is the point; making the final cut is actually secondary. On that note, with my Bollywood agent Amjad on my trail, it’s time to be in another movie!

No comments: